Who We Are
The Blockchain Nigeria User Group (BNUG) has been the voice of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Technology in Nigeria since 2016. We speak for an industry that aims to touch the daily lives of Nigerians in every corner of the country — by providing business, jobs, career opportunities, and by investing in the communities we serve.
Blockchain Nigeria User Group is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.
BNUG is a strong advocate for Blockchain Technology in Nigeria and works with all levels of government and other stakeholders to support employment growth and career opportunities in Blockchain Technology, to promote and sustain community development initiatives from coast-to-coast, and to enhance consumer safety and industry competitiveness. BNUG also provides its members with a full range of services and programs including education and training, benchmarking and best practices, networking, advocacy, and industry information.
Championing Blockchain Technology Education, Development, Adoption in Nigeria and across Africa
To advance, promote and protect the interests of our members through effective advocacy, communications and education.
BNUG has representatives in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Kano and Akure.
Join Blockchain Nigeria User Group
What we Do
- Support Policymakers in their need to tackle their challenges in understanding blockchain, both the functionality and risks of decentralized cryptocurrency, in order to create an appropriate legal and regulatory framework that will foster the community.
- Protect Enthusiasts and end users through training, public enlightenment, risks assessment and fraud alerts.
- Encourage Competition Put measures to avoid the concentration of operations in few hands.
- Advocacy for the creation and maintenance of an enabling regulatory environment for Blockchain Project Development.
- Identification of Possible use cases for Blockchain Implementation and spur innovative Startups in that direction.
- Bridge Talent Gap through capacity building/ Incubation at Blockchain Innovation Centers (Blockchain Technology Hubs)
- Hold National Conferences and Regional Summits to raise Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Awareness/p>
(We have so far held the First Blockchain Cryptocurrency Conference Lagos, Nigeria 14-15 August, 2017,with attendance of over 600 participants, and Regional Blockchain Summit Port Harcourt, Nigeria September 9, 2017 with over 250 attendees.)
Other Regional Summit Locations are: Abuja, Nigeria October, Owerri November, Ibadan December, Kaduna January 2018, Kano Februaryb 2018.
- Publish Educational Books and Journals. The First is already out: Seizing Opportunities in Blockchain & Digital Currency Revolution.
You will find it on this link: http://blockchainnigeria.group/books