The Blockchain Nigeria User Group (BNUG) has been the voice of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Technology in Nigeria since 2016. We speak for an industry that aims to touch the daily lives of Nigerians in every corner of the country — by providing business, jobs, career opportunities, and by investing in the communities we serve.
Blockchain Nigeria User Group is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.
BNUG is a strong advocate for Blockchain Technology in Nigeria and works with all levels of government and other stakeholders to support employment growth and career opportunities in Blockchain Technology, to promote and sustain community development initiatives from coast-to-coast, and to enhance consumer safety and industry competitiveness. BNUG also provides its members with a full range of services and programs including education and training, benchmarking and best practices, networking, advocacy, and industry information.
Championing Blockchain Technology Education, Development, Adoption in Nigeria and across Africa
To advance, promote and protect the interests of our members through effective advocacy, communications and education.
BNUG has representatives in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Kano and Akure.
- Support Policymakers in their need to tackle their challenges in understanding blockchain, both the functionality and risks of decentralized cryptocurrency, in order to create an appropriate legal and regulatory framework that will foster the community.
- Protect Enthusiasts and end users through training, public enlightenment, risks assessment and fraud alerts.
- Encourage Competition Put measures to avoid the concentration of operations in few hands.
- Advocacy for the creation and maintenance of an enabling regulatory environment for Blockchain Project Development.
- Identification of Possible use cases for Blockchain Implementation and spur innovative Startups in that direction.
- Bridge Talent Gap through capacity building/ Incubation at Blockchain Innovation Centers (Blockchain Technology Hubs)
- Hold National Conferences and Regional Summits to raise Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Awareness
(We have so far held the First Blockchain Cryptocurrency Conference Lagos, Nigeria 14-15 August, 2017,with attendance of over 600 participants, and Regional Blockchain Summit Port Harcourt, Nigeria September 9, 2017 with over 250 attendees.)
Other Regional Summit Locations are: Abuja, Nigeria October, Owerri November, Ibadan December, Kaduna January 2018, Kano February 2018.
- Publish Educational Books and Journals. The First is already out: Seizing Opportunities in Blockchain & Digital Currency Revolution.
You will find it on this link: http://blockchainnigeria.group/pay
Globally-acclaimed Blockchain business leaders will be enlightening attendees about various aspects of starting and growing a blockchain based business in Nigeria.
40+ Tech product exhibitors as well as over 1200 attendees will be showcasing their innovative solutions for lead consideration. Gain instant traction for your startup.
Specialized Blockchain Masterclasses will be facilitated by Internationally acclaimed subject-matter experts and blockchain policy formulators.
There will be various opportunities for attendees to meet new people and identify those leads that are specifically relevant to their business.
Industry leaders, Fintech and technology innovators, carefully selected from across the globe, will be there to speak to us.
The Blockchain, AI & Digital Assets Conference 2019, with the agenda: Blockchain & AI: Beyond the hypes, is Nigeria's premium Blockchain conference of value and innovation. Its is annually organised and curated by Blockchain Nigeria User Group. This is the 7th event in the series and the 3rd holding in Lagos. Its is taking place from 24-25 May 2019 at The Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, and will focus on identifying the opportunities and overcoming the challenges to making this revolutionary technology a reality in Nigeria. Previous editions had been held in Port Harcourt and Abuja in 2017 & 2018. Please see http://blockchainsummit.ng for the last Port Harcourt event. View past photos: https://www.flickr.com/gp/157855943@N04/Q8E16v
Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami PhD, Director-General/ CEO National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is expected as a guest of honor.
Mr. Andrew Nevin PhD, Chief Economist at PWC will deliver a Keynote on "How Blockchain, AI Digital Virtual Financial Assets and other technologies of the 4IR could drive economic advancement across Africa".
The Civic Center Victoria Island overlooking the water front in the Island, is a top-rated event venue in Victoria Island! Guests are happier about it compared to other event venues in the area. Its secure and accessible, classy and ideal for corporate and business oriented events.