The Blockchain Nigeria User Group (BNUG) has been the voice of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Technology in Nigeria since 2016. We speak for an industry that aims to touch the daily lives of Nigerians in every corner of the country — by providing business, jobs, career opportunities, and by investing in the communities we serve.
Blockchain Nigeria User Group is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing one of the fastest growing industries on the planet.
BNUG is a strong advocate for Blockchain Technology in Nigeria and works with all levels of government and other stakeholders to support employment growth and career opportunities in Blockchain Technology, to promote and sustain community development initiatives from coast-to-coast, and to enhance consumer safety and industry competitiveness. BNUG also provides its members with a full range of services and programs including education and training, benchmarking and best practices, networking, advocacy, and industry information.
Championing Blockchain Technology Education, Development, Adoption in Nigeria and across Africa
To advance, promote and protect the interests of our members through effective advocacy, communications and education.
BNUG has representatives in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kaduna, Ibadan, Abeokuta, Kano and Akure.
- Support Policymakers in their need to tackle their challenges in understanding blockchain, both the functionality and risks of decentralized cryptocurrency, in order to create an appropriate legal and regulatory framework that will foster the community.
- Protect Enthusiasts and end users through training, public enlightenment, risks assessment and fraud alerts.
- Encourage Competition Put measures to avoid the concentration of operations in few hands.
- Advocacy for the creation and maintenance of an enabling regulatory environment for Blockchain Project Development.
- Identification of Possible use cases for Blockchain Implementation and spur innovative Startups in that direction.
- Bridge Talent Gap through capacity building/ Incubation at Blockchain Innovation Centers (Blockchain Technology Hubs)
- Hold National Conferences and Regional Summits to raise Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Awareness
(We have so far held the First Blockchain Cryptocurrency Conference Lagos, Nigeria 14-15 August, 2017,with attendance of over 600 participants, and Regional Blockchain Summit Port Harcourt, Nigeria September 9, 2017 with over 250 attendees.)
Other Regional Summit Locations are: Abuja, Nigeria October, Owerri November, Ibadan December, Kaduna January 2018, Kano February 2018.
- Publish Educational Books and Journals. The First is already out: Seizing Opportunities in Blockchain & Digital Currency Revolution.
You will find it on this link: http://blockchainnigeria.group/books
Industry leaders, Fintech and technology innovators, carefully selected from across the globe, will be there to speak to us.
The Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Conference 2019, with the agenda: Blockchain & AI: Beyond the hypes, organised in partnership with Blockchain Education Network Nigeria and Blockchain Nigeria User Group is taking place from 17-18 May 2019 at The Civc Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria, will focus on identifying the opportunities and overcoming the challenges to making this revolutionary technology a reality in Nigeria. This event is the 4th in the series of educational and economic empowering events/ Conferences/ Summits organized by Blockchain Nigeria User Group having held previous editions in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Abuja in 2017. Details can be found on the group's websites: http://blockchainnigeria.group/, and http://blockchainsummit.ng and also http://www.blockchainsummit.africa/
Past event photo gallery can be viewed or downloaded here: https://www.flickr.com/gp/157855943@N04/Q8E16v
Topics that will be Covered Include:
CEOs, CTOs, Managing Directors, Heads of Govt Agencies, Heads of Innovation, Business Development executives, Blockchain enthusiast from banks, financial Institutions, financial service providers, Insurers, law firms, Investors, accountants and financial technology companies
Donate any Cryptocurrency. It will help us pay for venue, conference speakers accommodation, logistics, internet access etc.
The Civic Center Victoria Island overlooking the water front in the Island, is a top-rated event venue in Victoria Island! Guests are happier about it compared to other event venues in the area. Its secure and accessible, classy and ideal for corporate and business oriented events.